A Fiji Government Website.

Official website links end with .gov.fj

Government agencies communicate via .gov.fj websites (e.g mcttt.gov.fj)

Secure websites use HTTPS

Look for a lock (🔒)or https:// as an added precaution. Shared sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


This is a website under purview of Ministry of Trade Co-operatives, Small and Medium Enterprises and Communications

Government agencies communicate via .gov.fj websites (e.g mcttt.gov.fj)

A Fiji Government Website.

Build it Right

The process for obtaining a Construction or Building Permits has been streamlined into 3 stages:

Stage 1: Development Permission
Stage 2: Building Plan Approval
Stage 3: Certificate Of Occupancy


Application For Inspection Of Foundation Work/ Structure/ Roof/ Project Completion

In compliance with National Fiji Building Code, Town Planning Act, Environment Management Act, Public Health Act, OHS Act, Subdivision By-Laws as well as requirements by the Fiji Road Authority, National Fire Authority, Water Authority of Fiji, (where required), all major development applications must be submitted to the City/Town Council.

Inspection And Connection Of New Customer/Electrical Installation OR Progress Inspections For New Building/Complex

Progress Inspection/Inspection & Connection of customers to the EFL power grid upon compliance with Electricity Act Cap 180 Regulations, and AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules (latest edition)

Application For New Water Connection

Installation and Connection of New Water meter.                                                           

Application For Structural Fire Safety Compliance Certificates

In compliance to National Building Code of Fiji under Public Health Act, all building must be constructed as per approved plans and to be inspected by NFA after completion, to confirm compliance to minimum requirements (with reference to Australia and New Zealand standards).


Application For Amendment To Scheme Or Rezoning

In some cases, owners may wish to apply for amendments to the scheme or rezoning. In compliance with Town Planning Act, Subdivision By-Laws as well as requirements by the Fiji Road Authority (FRA) where required, all applications for an amendment to the Scheme must be submitted to the City/Town Council.

Application For Subdivision Of Land

In the event that the owner wishes to subdivide the land into smaller divisions for different purposes, an additional application needs to be made. In compliance with Town Planning Act, Subdivision By-Laws as well as requirements by the FRA where required, all application for Subdivision of Land must be submitted only by a Registered Surveyor to the City/Town Council.

Request For Corridor Access Request (CAR)

If you are planning to carry out any work or activity that affects the normal operation of the road, footpath, or berm, you must submit a Corridor Access Request (CAR) before you start. CARs ensure that all work is done safely and complies with national regulations & code of practice which is available on the FRA website.

Registration & Commissioning Of Plants (Lifts & Escalators)

In major projects where plants (lifts and escalators are involved), the Occupational Health and Safety Services need to ensure the plant is designed, tested and about any conditions necessary to ensure that, when put to use, the plant will be safe and without risks to health and safety.

Talk to us TODAY.

You will be surprised, how easy we have made it for you to start or grow your business in Fiji.

Talk to us, we are ready to listen, and delighted to engage.

Welcome to FILPAS

Fiji Integrated Licenses and Permits Application System